Throughout our history Friends have testified that our lives are not meant to conform to the ways of the world but that we are meant to contribute to the transformation of the world through the Light of Truth.
Advices & Queries
[S]tart from the premise that to remain silent on crucial issues is to make a conscious decision. It is therefore pointless to remain silent in order to avoid accountability. We will be held responsible for our silence, as well as for our activities. We need to think clearly and to speak out together with insights coming from the collective knowledge, experience, and conviction of our community. Margery Post Abbott, 2009
- How do our lives testify to our convictions as Friends?
- How do we speak Truth tenderly, so that others may hear it?
- What ways do we find to cooperate with people and groups with whom we share beliefs and concerns?
- Do we listen with love and respect to those with whom we disagree?
- How do we respect and encourage the witness that arises out of our meetings?
- Are we faithful in witnessing to Truth in our community and to the world?