We know ourselves as individuals but only because we live in community. Love, trust, fellowship, selflessness are all mediated to us through our interdependence.
Advices & Queries
Our needs for love and care, and our response to these needs in others, make up a rich part of our lives. In an exchange truly grounded in love, each of us is both giver and receiver, ready to help and accept help. Neither pride nor fear keeps us from the unconditional love and care of God manifested through others. Let neither comfort nor self-centeredness blind us to our need for others. We listen to one another with openness of heart and in good faith, aware that greater wisdom than our own is required to meet our human needs. We lift up our hearts to the Source of all wisdom and power.
- In what ways do we bring together members and attenders, young and old, in love and community?
- Are we sensitive to each other’s personal needs and difficulties? How do we assist in useful ways?
- Do we visit one another in our homes and keep in touch with distant members?
- How do we listen to one another, even beyond words?
- How do we provide mutual care while acknowledging our own limitations?
- How well are we able to love each other unconditionally?