A Hidden Wholeness
(11 Session Adult Education Curriculum)
Palmer, P. 2004. A hidden wholeness: The journey toward an undivided life. Jossey-Bass.
A personal journal
Before the prelude & orientation session on August 8, 2021
- Obtain copy of Palmer, P. A hidden wholeness: The journey toward an undivided life. Jossey-Bass. Available at FGC bookstore or BCFM library. Contact me if you have difficulty obtaining a copy.
- Read Palmer, 2004, “Prelude” (pp. 1 – 2)
- Review agenda for prelude & orientation session
Prelude & Orientation (August 8, 2021)
- Opening Worship
- Ground Rules
- Worship Sharing: share a specific personal experience that is related to the query
- Circle of Trust Touchstones (poster)
- Watch DVD Ch 5 “Establishing Conditions for Circles of Trust”
- Worship Sharing Queries
- This is a time when our life history becomes a teacher for the others in the group
- What “blizzards” have you known in your life?
- What is “home” for you?
- What or who is the rope that helps you find “home”?
- Worshipful Discussion
- This is a time when our thoughts about the readings becomes a teacher for the others in the group
- What thoughts come to mind about the “circle of trust”?
- Does the notion of “being separated from our souls” resonate with you?
- For Next Session (September 12, 2021)
- Review Session agenda (Images of Integrity)
- Read Palmer, 2004, Ch. 1: “Images of Integrity: Living ‘Divided No More'” (pp. 3 – 11)
In consultation with our Ministry and Pastoral Care Committee, Bridge City Friends Meeting will immediately discontinue all in-person gatherings of our faith community at our usual Sunday location, Architectural Heritage Center, 701 NE Grand Blvd., Portland, OR. This includes Meetings for Worship, Meeting for Worship for Business, Committee meetings, and all scheduled presentations for this month. When this threat lessens, we will announce our return normal schedule.
Please consult this site for updates and new announcements. This is obviously a very fluid situation, requiring constant vigilance and precaution. For more specific information or questions, please contact Laura Arcidiacono, Bridge City’s Clerk, email@example.com.
To request access to our Zoom Meetings click here to fill out the request form.
Adult Education held on the 2nd Sunday of the month from 11:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.